Wednesday, 4 March 2015

Thank you Rhys & the Ninja Book Swap team

Last month I signed up for the Hometown Ninja Book Swap (link).  Basically, you sign up and pass on a book wish list, as well as a few likes/dislikes and in return you get another person's wish list, likes/dislikes.  The aim is to send one or two books and a few small gifts and the person who you send to is different to the person you will be receiving off.

This year was my first sign up and I have to say I am super impressed.  The Ninja Book Swap team are super friendly, especially on their twitter account. I was also super lucky to be spoiled by Rhys from Kent!!

Postcard from Kent, The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz, The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter, The Great Winglebury Duel by Charles Darwin, Harry Potter tote bag, book mark with flowers on, smarties, badge saying "Read Local"
Super spoilt!

Wrapping paper has flowers on and spots
Beautiful wrapping paper! 



I also was super lucky to get my first Penguin Little Black Classic - 
Charles Dicken's The Great Winglebury Duel


The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz, The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter and The Great Winglebury Duel by Charles Darwin in a pile with smarties in a small chocolate chick on top


I also have a bookmark to help me keep my place in my lovely new books, 
a Harry Potter bag to look after the new books and a badge with Read Local on to remind everyone about books, all courtesy of Rhys!

I was also very grateful for a special, handmade Sherlock card which is now on my desk wall!

Front of card reads "I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath! Do your research!" It is blutacked to a wall.
"I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath! Do your research!"

Which opens to reveal.... Holmes at home

Pop up of the Sherlock character, he has a mop of black hair, blue scarf and a long black coat
and a lovely message beneath

Finally, my post card of the Kent Coast too :-)
Shows postcard on wall with pictures of my dog and other postcards
New addition to the second postcard wall!

Thank you, Rhys from Kent :-) 

Shows Sherlock, John Watson and Mary together smiling with a caption saying "Thank you"



3 comments:

  1. Bex is the best! I've been trying to track you down on Twitter (but haven't been able to) to say thank you for my card and the adorable flower - super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to find things without animals/fluffy things on and I wasn't sure what you would like but I'm glad you liked it! :-)

      Delete
  2. I love ninja book swap, everyone is so enthusiastic about getting the perfect little gifts to make someone smile.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Reader,
First, thank you for reading my blog. Second, please speak your mind. Your comments are super appreciated and I always make an effort to reply.