The Broke and the Bookish hold a weekly meme. Every Tuesday you write a list of their top ten on a given topic. This week, the list is your 'TBR' (To Be Read) list. Here are my books:
1. Mort by Terry Pratchett - a classic Discworld novel, everyone loves the character Death so I would like to get to know him.
2. Still Alice by Lisa Genova - this is the story of 50 year old who is diagnosed with early onset dementia; it looks an insightful read on a topic rarely covered.
3. Forensics: The Anatomy of Crime by Val McDermid - this is offers a us a short history of the science used by the police behind-the-scenes.
4. Emma by Jane Austen - there have been a lot of talk about Emma recently, mainly that this is the best Jane Austen novel so it looks like a great place to start.
5. The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz - this is a Sherlock Holmes novel, which I was lucky enough to get for the Ninja Book Swap. I love Sherlock so I will be very happy when I get around to reading this.
6. Go Set a Watchmen by Harper Lee - I really enjoyed To Kill a Mockingbird, so I can't wait to find out what Scout is up to now.
7. Maurice by E.M. Forster - again, like Emma, there have been a lot of good reviews recently.
8. The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson - this is a YA novel about a transgender main character, this is something I've not read before so I'm curious to find out more.
9. Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett - I took a quiz to see what character I am most like, apparently Lord Vetanari, (a.k.a. a benevolent dictator... a nice bossy person?) and this seems like the best place to begin learning more about Lord Vetanari.
10. A Field Guide to Awkward Silences by Alexandra Petri - a collection of essays on being socially awkward, based on true life and lots of unusual life experience. Seems to be an inspiring read.