Sunday, 19 July 2015

6 month anniversary and a Liebster Award

So, I figured I would do an update on my reading goals and such.  According to my calendar I have been blogging for 6 months now!  I have been pretty quiet this month with the blogging, I've had a cellulitis infection in my leg.  I've been feeling generally unwell and I've been swamped with my application for my English MA, which hopefully should start in October.  I've also foolishly lost my iPod touch so no more Audible for the time being...

Anyway, back to the purpose of this post, reading goals!  The only real reading challenge I'm doing well on is my overall numbers target.  I set myself a challenge to read 36 books this year, so far I am on 32!  The average book length is 285 pages, which isn't that bad.  I'm falling behind on my LGBT challenge (3/8) and on my Mental Health Advocacy (2/8) but my Classics Club Challenge is going ok.

Liebster Award
A super big thanks to Cynthia from Cynthia's On Pens and Needles for nominating me in May.  The Liebster Award is an award for new bloggers, helping us network and to be encouraging and supportive.  I have been looking for new bloggers but every time I find a new blog someone on the list gets a Liebster Award.  If you have any nominations, or haven't had one/would like another, please let me know in the comments below.  If you want to do the questions too I'd love to hear your answers :-)

Rules
Link back to the person that nominated you
Give 11 random facts about yourself
Answer 11 questions from your nominator
Nominate 11 new and obscure bloggers
Come up with 11 questions for them to answer
Inform your nominees


11 Random Facts:
1. I have a Blue Peter badge.
2. I have a Guinness World Record for the taking part in the largest line dance.
3. I have a rabbit called Giles, after Rupert Giles from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
4. I am soon to be an Aunty to a Rupert in October.
5. I am a fussy eater; I don't really like chocolate, I hate cheese and fish.
6. I love cooking and baking from scratch.
7. Since I was 13 I have helped my Father with his gardening business, so now I know how to use a petrol lawn mower, a ride on (straight and with 9ft cutters), strimmer and other assortments.
8. I really hate driving. I stick to my namesake of Walker and walk everywhere.
9. I have two brothers, who are 5 and 8 years older than me respectively.
10. I want to go to Savile Row and have a tailor made suit.
11. I want to learn another language.

Cynthia's 11 questions:
1. How has reading affected your life?
It provides me with an escape and distraction.
2. Do you generally prefer the book or the movie?

I prefer books because you can see what a person is thinking more clearly.
3. Do you prefer physical books or e-books?

I find physical books easier to read, I find it easier to remember what happened and easy to flick back/forward pages.
4. Do you have a special place to read?

My bed.
5. Name a book that everyone else loved but you hated it. 

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
6. What genre of book do you avoid?

Erotica, I just find it cringeworthy.
7.  First book you remember reading yourself?

Jeremy Strong's books
8. Which musical instrument, if any, do you play or would like to play?

The violin like Sherlock.
9.  What's the most recent book you DNF'd, and why?

Quiet by Susan Cain; it was terribly boring after the first part.
10.  What's your favorite holiday?

Cornwall.
11.  Name your favorite literary character.

Christopher Tietjens from Parade's End My nominations:
WildmooBooks
Ipsofactodotme
Bookshelf Ghost
Literature Frenzy

My Questions:
What is the last hardback you bought?
What books are on your wish list?
Do you have any preference over book length?
Do you have a specific organising system for your bookcase?
A person interrupts your reading what do you do?
A character is being irritating what do you do?
Any bookish peeves/pet hates? 
What do you use for a bookmark?
What book-related place would you like to go to on holiday?
What do you drink while reading?
Ideal place to read?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this nominaton! I wrote a blogpost with random facts and a Q&A.
    I will think of some new questions and nominees to add to the post later.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Reader,
First, thank you for reading my blog. Second, please speak your mind. Your comments are super appreciated and I always make an effort to reply.