Sunday, 23 August 2015

Classics Club Spin #10

The Classics Club are hosting a Spin.  On Monday 25th August, the Classics Club will post a number from 1-20, and the challenge is to read one book by October.  Last time, I ended up with The Handmaid's Tale, this time it is #George Eliot's Middlemarch.

Five you are dreading/hesitant to read:

1. Conrad, Joseph: Lord Jim 
2. Heller, Joseph: Catch-22
3.  Golding, William: Lord of the Flies
4. Salinger, J.D.: The Catcher in the Rye
5. Eliot, George: Middlemarch

Five you can’t WAIT to read:

6. Hesse, Hermann: Siddhartha 
7. Doyle, Sir Arthur Conan: (Hound of the Baskervilles for The Complete Sherlock Holmes)
8. Du Maurier, Daphne: Rebecca 
9. Wharton, Edith: The House of Mirth 
10. Proust, Marcel: Swann’s Way

Five you are neutral about:

11. Hardy, Thomas: Far From the Madding Crowd 
12. Dostoevsky, Fyodor: Crime and Punishment  
13. Joyce, James: Dubliners
14. Borges, Jorge Luis: Labyrinths: Selected Stories
15.  Chekhov, Anton: The Major Plays

Five free choice:

16. Steinbeck, John: Grapes of Wrath 
17. Lee, Laurie: Cider With Rosie 
18. Yates, Richard: Revolutionary Road
19. Waugh, Evelyn: Brideshead Revisited
20. Dickens, Charles: Great Expectations

Are you taking part?  Who is on your list?

4 comments:

  1. I hope you get #9! I've seen that one a lot of Spin Lists this week! It's one of my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It was on my list last time and I was hoping it would be picked. A lot of people have Wharton as their favourite too so you are all really making me want to read it :)

      Delete
  2. Wanted to check out your blog after you commented on my Social Media post! Don't worry about Middlemarch, it's a tome but I found that I really enjoyed it when I finally read it. Good luck with the rest of your list (mine has basically been put on indefinite hiatus and I read one every now and then.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I wasn't expecting that! That's very encouraging to know :-) Mine too, I'm starting my postgraduate degree soon so I think my list might fall to the back burner. Thanks for visiting and commenting again :-)

      Delete

Dear Reader,
First, thank you for reading my blog. Second, please speak your mind. Your comments are super appreciated and I always make an effort to reply.