Sunday, 1 November 2015

October Wrap Up

October has been quite a busy month.  My English MA has officially started (a mixture of woo-hoo and ahhh); my first tutorial went really well. I was expecting it all to go over my head but I was able to keep up.  My freelancing is really starting to pick up too and I’m trying to get back into the habit of blogging regularly.  My favourite book from October has to be Antigone by Sophocles with How to Write Better Essays by Bryan Greetham as a close second.  I’m going to do a write up on Antigone later but if essays ever stress you out, I’d really recommend Greetham’s book.  I also managed to pick up a few bargains for my MA course over October pictured here:


Stephen King's Carrie, Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice, Oxford Dictionary of Literary Terms, Beginning Theory by Barry and Modern Literary Theory by Rice & Waugh



November’s reading list is already in progress. I started to listen to BBC Radio 4’s drama adaptation of Vasily Grossman’s Life and Fate (with the amazing Sir Kenneth Branagh and David Tennant) but I was so hooked I had to buy the book straightaway! I’ve replaced the drama adaptation Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki by Haruki Murakami. I’m also hoping to (finally) finish Parade’s End by Ford Madox Ford. The rest of my reading will be reading around the two Antigone’s.

Life and Fate, Parade's End, Intertextuality by Graham Allen, Antigone by Sophocles & Anouilh's version

So that’s my wrap up… What are you planning on reading this November?



twitter  |  facebook  |  goodreads  |  bloglovin 

2 comments:

  1. Heyy! Enjoyed this wrap up, I perhaps should start writing some too :) Apparently Carrie is very good, but I've never read King because it sounds just a bit too scary for my taste. I am planning to read Marina by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, it's a historical fiction novel (my favourite genre). What's your favourite genre?

    Assia | www.assiashahin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're a great blog post for when you're a bit busy, plus it helps you stay organised. Some King's are more scary than others, I read IT and I couldn't finish it. I've found though if I can watch the movie I can finish the book, I managed to watch and read Christine, but not IT (that 'clown' is too scary). I can't wait for your review, I loved your one on Suite Francais! Hmmm, I do like a good old fashioned drama but there's just so many good genres now than say 50 years ago, we're really spoilt for choice! :-)

      Delete

Dear Reader,
First, thank you for reading my blog. Second, please speak your mind. Your comments are super appreciated and I always make an effort to reply.