Wednesday, 16 December 2015

Best Books of 2015 | Top Ten Tuesday

Each week The Broke and The Bookish provides a topic for a Top Ten List. This week the theme is:

Top Ten Best Books I Read In 2015”

1. Nora Webster, Brooklyn* (Colm Tóibín) *Can't decide between them
2. Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
3. American Pastoral (Philip Roth)
4. Revolutionary Road (Richard Yates)
5. Man and Superman (Bernard Shaw)
6. Reasons to Stay Alive  (Matt Haig)
7. How to Write Better Essays* (Bryan Greetham) *Helped with my MA essay(s) 
8. Wide Sargasso Sea (Jean Rhys)
9. Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind* (Yuval Noah Harai) *Still being read
10. Life and Fate* (Vasily Grossman) *Still being read

The reasons behind the choices is that the book has been engrossing/hard to put down and has had a lasting impression. They're not in any particular order. What about you? Happy TTT!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love Wide Sargasso Sea! One of my all time favorites. I just got Sapiens for my brother for Christmas as well, so hopefully he will enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wide Sargasso Sea is awesome! It's great he should do; it definitely makes you think about things in a new light. What a lucky brother! :-)

      Delete
  2. It is always to select the 10 best!
    I'm adding Slaughter House 5 to my list...have avoided it for years.
    Revolutionary Road is on my 2016 reading list b/c of your review as is Life and Fate. V. Grossman is a favorite of mine.
    My top 10 for 2016 - still thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I forgot about Slaughter House 5, it's SO good (so it goes)! Have you seen Fargo the TV series? Lorne Malvo reminds me of the cynical 'so it goes'. I hope you enjoy them both, Life and Fate is very sad though. It'd be great to see what you think of them :-)
      It's hard to pick them, especially when 2015 isn't over just yet :-)

      Delete

Dear Reader,
First, thank you for reading my blog. Second, please speak your mind. Your comments are super appreciated and I always make an effort to reply.