Monday, 16 May 2016

Spring Shenanigans


Clevedon Pier 
Well it's been a long time since I've posted. I'm officially back from my holiday, a very 'glamorous' and very extended camping trip around the south east of England. The charity shops in that area had some real bargain books and some beautiful views. I now have internet access, an essential tool for using Blogger. It was a nice break to recharge my batteries and very well-timed to co-incide with a mini-heatwave (though, admittedly, I packed for cold weather).

I've stopped running due to hip problems. I've taken time off but I'm really annoyed as it was just when I hit the 5k mark so I'm going to have to start all over again. In better news, I had my latest postgraduate essay back... an amazing 88% on my Shakespeare essay! I'm very chuffed and it's a great inspiration to work hard. Currently, I'm studying J.M. Coetzee and the more of his work I read, the more I am in awe of his talent.

I've been reading a bit about feminism recently, most notably The Female Eunuch by Germaine Greer. It's definitely piqued my interest and I've started to pick up some more classics, such as Kate Millet's Sexual Politics. I've been working on a review of Greer and I hope to put it up soon. My stay at Tewkesbury and seeing the Abbey reminded me of Imber court from Irish Murdoch's The Bell. I read it last year but seeing the Abbey really encouraged me to write that review. It's a great book by an under-acknowledged author.

Tewkesbury Abbey at sunset

Crosby beach


Visitors drop by

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Reader,
First, thank you for reading my blog. Second, please speak your mind. Your comments are super appreciated and I always make an effort to reply.